- Building strong relationships internally and externally with all key stakeholders in the collaboration.
- Partner with stakeholders in Joint Venture and involved in collaborations to resolve issues and help embed partnering best practices within our collaboration teams
- Proactively monitor all aspects of the partnership and identify potential issues and possible solutions; gaining internal alignment and taking accountability for closure
- Manage collaborations consistent with the contract and governance structure; including organizing and facilitating governance meetings (e.g. JV landing, Industrial and commercial registration etc)
- Partner with BD Transactions to renegotiate any necessary amendments
- Monitor the health and effectiveness of the partnership
- Support the smooth and effective transition from the deal signing to launch of the collaboration.
- Manage day to day issues arising from the collaboration
- Master's degree in Biology or Chemistry, or related field; MBA and/or PhD or equivalent experiences a plus.
- 3+ years' experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical with first-hand experience in the management or working within commercial alliances or management of development stage programs
- Good understanding and leadership experience in the following areas: Drug Discovery, Clinical drug development pre and post Proof of Concept, Commercialization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex issues.
- Understand and manage all contractual obligations with partners
- Proven ability to effectively work with and influence senior leaders internally and externally
- Demonstrated relationship management and negotiation skills